Mcclain Law Representation & Fee Agreement
- IDENTIFICATION OF PARTIES. This agreement is made between The Law Office of Lauren McClain, LLC, hereafter referred to as "McClain Law," Client(s) and the facilitating Agency or Intended Parents, hereafter referred to as “Payors”. Under this Agreement, McClain Law represents Client(s) exclusively. McClain Law does not represent the Payors. Should a conflict of interest arise between the Client(s) and the Payors, McClain Law shall immediately cease work on the matter, and reserves the right to withdraw as counsel and advise Client(s) and Payors to obtain separate legal counsel.
- SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED. McClain Law hereby accepts this engagement and agrees to use its best efforts to represent the Client(s) in this matter. McClain Law will provide legal counsel to Client(s) in reviewing one (1) Artificial Reproductive Technology (ART) Legal Contract/Agreement.
- NO GUARANTEES. Client(s) understand and agree that McClain Law has made no guarantees whatsoever to the Client(s) regarding the final outcome of the Client(s)’ legal matters. Any representations made by McClain Law to the Client(s) are opinions based upon the information known to McClain Law at the time of initial representation. Client(s) understand that payments made under this Agreement are not contingent on the outcome of the matter. Client(s) also understand that this representation does not include any reviews of Client(s)’ health insurance policy(ies) or taxation. McClain Law issues no legal advice on health insurance coverage and/or policies or taxation laws or rules.
- RESPONSIBILITIES OF LAW FIRM. McClain Law will perform the legal services called for under this agreement, keep Client(s) informed of progress and developments and respond promptly to Client(s) inquiries and communications. All confidential communications shall be solely between McClain Law and the Client(s). All parties recognize that the ethical duties, including the duties of confidentiality and full disclosure, inure solely to the benefit of the Client(s).
- FEES & COSTS. Payment is due and payable immediately by Payors. All fees for said matter shall be paid for in full by the Payor prior to the initiation of any legal services. Such payment will be for services rendered. Payors are responsible for making all digital payments private so they cannot be viewed by third parties. This is an earned upon receipt fee. It is deemed earned upon payment regardless of the future work performed. If McClain Law does not complete the representation for any reason, Client may be entitled to a refund of all or part of the fee based upon the value of the representation provided, pursuant to the Ohio Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 1.5(a)
- DISCHARGE/WITHDRAWAL OF ATTORNEY. Client(s) may terminate this representation at any time with or without cause by notifying McClain Law. McClain Law may withdraw at any time as permitted under the Rules of Professional Conduct of the State of Ohio. McClain Law will promptly release to Client(s) all of Client(s)' papers and property at the request of Client.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT & MODIFICATION. This agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties. No other agreement, statement, or promise made on or before the effective date of this agreement will be binding on the parties. This agreement may be modified by subsequent agreement of the parties only by a signed written agreement or an oral agreement.
- SEVERABILITY IN EVENT OF PARTIAL INVALIDITY. If any provision of this agreement is held in whole or in part to be unenforceable, the remainder the entire agreement will be severable and remain in effect.
By signing below, Client(s) indicate that the foregoing Agreement correctly sets forth their understanding of the terms of the legal engagement. The foregoing is agreed to by:
* indicates required field